Pa said: "Quick, your ma wants to treat us to some teh tarik in the coffee shop downstairs!"
I said: "Owhkay, but I wanna shit first."
Younger bro: "Wah, got money suddenly?" (Yah, we're that poor when Ma's not working).
So Ma came home from work.
I miss her. It's been a week.
And my family has very much suffered my cooking.
And I can't wait for her to get her pay so we can go shopping.
Ordered some teh tarik at the coffee shop.
Lotsa food.
Ma ate a lot.
Younger bro ate more.
Pa ate a little.
I ate none.
When Ma eats a lot, it means something is not good. Really not good.
Younger bro said: "So what's the occasion?"
Ma let out a huge sigh.
I said: "Oh no."
Ma said: "Boss said she can't afford to pay me."
Silence, except for the sound of younger bro gobbling down his food.
Ma said to me: "Don't give me that face. You look very ugly."
Pa said: "Hah, Malay bosses can never be trusted."
Ma said: "At least I've got $400."
I said: "So, you're not going to work anymore?"
Ma shook her head.
I said: "So we can't go shopping?"
Ma gobbled more food.
I sank in my chair.
Life is really unfair.
I said: "Well, at least nobody's gonna suffer my cooking anymore."
I said: "Owhkay, but I wanna shit first."
Younger bro: "Wah, got money suddenly?" (Yah, we're that poor when Ma's not working).
So Ma came home from work.
I miss her. It's been a week.
And my family has very much suffered my cooking.
And I can't wait for her to get her pay so we can go shopping.
Ordered some teh tarik at the coffee shop.
Lotsa food.
Ma ate a lot.
Younger bro ate more.
Pa ate a little.
I ate none.
When Ma eats a lot, it means something is not good. Really not good.
Younger bro said: "So what's the occasion?"
Ma let out a huge sigh.
I said: "Oh no."
Ma said: "Boss said she can't afford to pay me."
Silence, except for the sound of younger bro gobbling down his food.
Ma said to me: "Don't give me that face. You look very ugly."
Pa said: "Hah, Malay bosses can never be trusted."
Ma said: "At least I've got $400."
I said: "So, you're not going to work anymore?"
Ma shook her head.
I said: "So we can't go shopping?"
Ma gobbled more food.
I sank in my chair.
Life is really unfair.
I said: "Well, at least nobody's gonna suffer my cooking anymore."

No comments:
Post a Comment