Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Rose Bahulu.


Bahulu: A type of traditional Malay cake.


Rose Bahulu is a recipe I got from Aunt Ros. Freaking easy to make. It doesn't need butter! So, you can eat as much as you like 'coz it won't make you fat.


Indgredients (For size 20cm x 20cm)


1) 4 large eggs


2) 1 1/2 cups of sugar


3) 1 teaspoon of rose essence


4) 1 3/4 cups of plain flour


5) A lil' bit of artificial red coloring. (Just a pinch will do so that your bahulu will look pink-ish.)


Method


1) Beat the eggs and sugar together until it turns totally white. (About 5 mins)


2) Add in the rose essence


3) Add in plain flour and beat together with the mixture until the mixture is even. (About 5 mins)


4) Seperate some of the mixture into another bowl. Not too much. And add in just 2 drops of the artificial red coloring. Mix the mixture until even.


5) Rub the container you're gonna bake your bahulu in with a lil bit of oil. Then, put in a cup of the white mixture on the container. Then, add in a tablespoon of the pink mixture on top of the white mixture. Repeat this until all of the mixture is finished.


6) Preheat the oven at 180 degree C (You can do this when you are making the mixture). Bake the mixture for one hour.


And you're done. Enjoy. Yum Yum!!!!!!!!!!






And my ma pretended to be ill 'coz she was lazy to go to work and got MC for two days from the doctor. But then, in the end, she really got ill. With a temperature of 40 degree C. Stupid rite? Owh well. We waited very long for our turn. 2 hours ++. Even I got a cold from many ill people in the clinic. Heeeeh. Owh well. I wasn't wearing any make-up 'coz I thought it was only gonna be a few minutes. So I looked like some China woman as what the ah pek in the market would say. My hair saved the day. Night. Owh watever. Then there was this kid beside me who kept puking. Like, eeeew.

Then, there was this woman who seemed to pretend to be ill like my ma. Many people were scolding the fat girl at the counter.

Some said: "Service very slow..."

Another said: "I waited one hour for my medicine! This is too much!"

One woman said: "I want my number!"
I pity the fat girl. She looked so stressed and had many pimples on her face.
My ma whispered: "She probably eat a lot at home 'coz of stress."
I whispered: "I think she eats a lot of ice-cream."
Okay. So my ma and I were there for two hours. We didn't complain. We waited patiently.

No comments:

Post a Comment