Friday, September 18, 2009

I'm waiting for...

Hari Raya!
I can't wait for Hari Raya!
I just can't wait to dress up pretty pretty!
It's a day when I will really take the time to dress up.
I can bun up my hair with a flower stuck at the side.
I can make up my face.
I can wear the sexy traditional kebaya*.
This year, I'm wearing something special.
It's a kebaya brought down from my late grandma to me.
Hence it's the sixties kinda kebaya where there are no buttons but kerongsang* to pin up the front of the kebaya.
The lace is handsewn too!
Since late grandma is originally from Jakarta, Indonesia, the kebaya is definitely unique!
You can never find that kinda kebaya anywhere now no matter how hard you try.
The kebaya looks new even though it has survived four decades.
Aunt Ros said: "Look. Her kebaya looks so new even though grandma's body is already rotting in the grave. Cool right?"
Anyway, I will upload Hari Raya pictures.
But for now, I'm busy cleaning up my house, helping my ma to make Hari Raya cookies, clean Paris up and many many more.


*Kebaya= The kebaya is a traditional Malay costume.
*Kerongsang= The kerongsang is a traditional brooch used to pin up the front of a kebaya or baju kurung. It acts like a button for clothes.



4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i got that old type of kabaya too with no buttons but kerongsang! its really old -.- but its in pink ! :)

    ReplyDelete