
Yah, okay. I know, initially I wanted this Anugerah thingy to be low profile but thanx to Sharizan, everybody knows anyway.
In the lecture hall, he was like: "Eh Amira!!!!!!!! Atikah went for Anugerah Audition!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
This past 2 weeks have been a lot of drama for me. I've even lost 4kg in just 2 weeks! And I didn't even have time to exercise due to singing practices and school stuff . So, for those who want to lose weight in just two weeks, go audition for Anugerah.
ONE DAY BEFORE AUDITION
So, I celebrated bf's birthday. I made for him brownies. But all the guests (oh those evil little kids!) ate the brownies even before my bf got to try one of them. Oh. sobs sobs. Yah, my parents came to his birthday party too. My ma made for bf and his twin Christmas fruitcake which bf loves so much. Yah, and like what his mother promised, she made sup tulang! AAAAAARGH! My favourite! Ate a lot!
I didn't think much about tomorrow's audition. I just wanted to be on TV for like once in my life. It was a fun fun thing.
1st AUDITION
My ma said: "Watever it is, this is just for fun."
My ma and I reached the audition venue (at Eastpoint Mall, where everybody can see you) at 7a.m. in the morning. And registration started at 9a.m. But by 7.30a.m., there was already a freaking long snaking queue. And, I was the second one in the queue.
For the audition, there was this traffic light thingy. Red, yellow and green light. If the 4 judges gave you a red light, means you're out. Yellow, they would discuss further 'til they decide whether they want to let you in or not. The green light means you are so in!
The results were on the spot.
One of the judges was Imran Ajmain. Young, but older than me. Handsome, but not so handsome on TV. But, I still melt when I saw him in real life. (Don't tell bf that!) The other 3 judges were just old people. Hmmmph.
Anyway. I was the second contestant. And I sang a ballad. I got a huge round of applause when I started singing.
However in the middle, I got out of tune.
They gave me a yellow light. I didn't know what yellow light means at first. I thought I was out, so I walked out of stage happy, because the camera was on me. I love cameras. But one of the crew told me to go back up stage. Owh paisey. I think a few people laughed.
And.
They gave me a green light.
The next week was my second audition.
2nd AUDITION
There were 264 people who got into the first audition. I sang a fast song. Bf was there to support me this time.
I enjoyed that time's performance. I danced on stage. Jumped a bit. It's kinda like a blues-rock kinda song. Reminded me of Elvis Presly.
Anne Hussein (judge) said: "So, do you enjoy yourself?"
I said: "Yah, happy happy happy!"
I heard a few laughs. I don't know why, but each time when I said something, people would laugh. It's annoying. It's me, that's how I talk.
Anne Hussein added: "I like your tone, but you must watch your pitching."
I looked at Imran Ajmain. I can't describe his expression but somehow I got the feeling I could have the chance to get in.
This time, the results is not on the spot. I had to wait 'til 8.30 p.m. to know the results. This time, out of 264 people, only 50 people will be chosen for 3rd audition.
However. Delay delay delay, I only get to know my result at about 11p.m. When I got in, I jumped. Delighted. I'm one of those 50 special people!!!!!!! Then. Horror of horrors! I realised I don't have a song for 3rd Audition.
Reached home at about 12++p.m. Searched for a song like crazy. They said they only wanted songs that are in the year 2005-2008. Sucks right. I only have one CD which have songs in the year 2007. And I just picked a song. Practice a little. Slept. Happy. But scared for tomorrow's audition.
3rd AUDITION
Yah. I managed to memorise the lyrics. I don't know how. But maybe that's the reason I got distinction for Econs last semester. I have a powerful and crazy memory.
This time, bf's ma, dad, cuzzie, aunt and twin bro was there to support me. Not to forget, lovely Niq, Bam was there too! Thanx people. You guys rock.
It went bad. However, I didn't go out of tune. I was pretty happy happy for that. Becoz I suck at tuning.
None of the comments that the judges had for me was lovely to hear.
Ghani (Judge) : "You picked a wrong song. Your voice is not ready to sing that kinda huge song."
Anne Hussein (judge) said: "Are you comfortable? You don't look comfortable. I prefer y0u sing a fast song."
Eddie Ali (judge) said: "...." (I've forgotten what he said.)
Imran Ajmain (judge) said: "You know, you look sweet on tv and you have this audience attraction on you but you're very stiff on the stage. You should loosen yourself up to match your sweet face."
I looked at Imran Ajmain pitifully.
He shrugged as though to say: "Sorry, girl, you're like, sooooooo out."
The other contestants after me sang very well. In fact, all of them sang very well. I knew that I won't have a chance to go through next round.
My ma was pissed with me. My ma said that I looked arrogant on stage and she kept blaming my bra becoz the bra strap was too lose. And many many things that I don't wanna hear. What a mother. I kept reminding her that I was the top 50 out of 264 people but she was still freaking pissed. I thought she said that it was just for fun.
Anyway, yah. The results will be released "live" on 18th May, ,at about 8.30p.m. on Suria. I may or may not be on tv. But yah. Watever it is, I feel like I've already win this competition because I was in top 50. So what if ma's pissed.
A DAY AFTER THE AUDITIONS
Okay, so it was back to school for me. Have some projects. Assignments. CA1.
Hahahah. Sucks.

In the lecture hall, he was like: "Eh Amira!!!!!!!! Atikah went for Anugerah Audition!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
This past 2 weeks have been a lot of drama for me. I've even lost 4kg in just 2 weeks! And I didn't even have time to exercise due to singing practices and school stuff . So, for those who want to lose weight in just two weeks, go audition for Anugerah.
ONE DAY BEFORE AUDITION

So, I celebrated bf's birthday. I made for him brownies. But all the guests (oh those evil little kids!) ate the brownies even before my bf got to try one of them. Oh. sobs sobs. Yah, my parents came to his birthday party too. My ma made for bf and his twin Christmas fruitcake which bf loves so much. Yah, and like what his mother promised, she made sup tulang! AAAAAARGH! My favourite! Ate a lot!

I didn't think much about tomorrow's audition. I just wanted to be on TV for like once in my life. It was a fun fun thing.
1st AUDITION
My ma said: "Watever it is, this is just for fun."
My ma and I reached the audition venue (at Eastpoint Mall, where everybody can see you) at 7a.m. in the morning. And registration started at 9a.m. But by 7.30a.m., there was already a freaking long snaking queue. And, I was the second one in the queue.
For the audition, there was this traffic light thingy. Red, yellow and green light. If the 4 judges gave you a red light, means you're out. Yellow, they would discuss further 'til they decide whether they want to let you in or not. The green light means you are so in!
The results were on the spot.
One of the judges was Imran Ajmain. Young, but older than me. Handsome, but not so handsome on TV. But, I still melt when I saw him in real life. (Don't tell bf that!) The other 3 judges were just old people. Hmmmph.
Anyway. I was the second contestant. And I sang a ballad. I got a huge round of applause when I started singing.
However in the middle, I got out of tune.
They gave me a yellow light. I didn't know what yellow light means at first. I thought I was out, so I walked out of stage happy, because the camera was on me. I love cameras. But one of the crew told me to go back up stage. Owh paisey. I think a few people laughed.
And.
They gave me a green light.
The next week was my second audition.
2nd AUDITION
There were 264 people who got into the first audition. I sang a fast song. Bf was there to support me this time.
I enjoyed that time's performance. I danced on stage. Jumped a bit. It's kinda like a blues-rock kinda song. Reminded me of Elvis Presly.
Anne Hussein (judge) said: "So, do you enjoy yourself?"
I said: "Yah, happy happy happy!"
I heard a few laughs. I don't know why, but each time when I said something, people would laugh. It's annoying. It's me, that's how I talk.
Anne Hussein added: "I like your tone, but you must watch your pitching."
I looked at Imran Ajmain. I can't describe his expression but somehow I got the feeling I could have the chance to get in.
This time, the results is not on the spot. I had to wait 'til 8.30 p.m. to know the results. This time, out of 264 people, only 50 people will be chosen for 3rd audition.
However. Delay delay delay, I only get to know my result at about 11p.m. When I got in, I jumped. Delighted. I'm one of those 50 special people!!!!!!! Then. Horror of horrors! I realised I don't have a song for 3rd Audition.
Reached home at about 12++p.m. Searched for a song like crazy. They said they only wanted songs that are in the year 2005-2008. Sucks right. I only have one CD which have songs in the year 2007. And I just picked a song. Practice a little. Slept. Happy. But scared for tomorrow's audition.
3rd AUDITION
Yah. I managed to memorise the lyrics. I don't know how. But maybe that's the reason I got distinction for Econs last semester. I have a powerful and crazy memory.
This time, bf's ma, dad, cuzzie, aunt and twin bro was there to support me. Not to forget, lovely Niq, Bam was there too! Thanx people. You guys rock.
It went bad. However, I didn't go out of tune. I was pretty happy happy for that. Becoz I suck at tuning.
None of the comments that the judges had for me was lovely to hear.
Ghani (Judge) : "You picked a wrong song. Your voice is not ready to sing that kinda huge song."
Anne Hussein (judge) said: "Are you comfortable? You don't look comfortable. I prefer y0u sing a fast song."
Eddie Ali (judge) said: "...." (I've forgotten what he said.)
Imran Ajmain (judge) said: "You know, you look sweet on tv and you have this audience attraction on you but you're very stiff on the stage. You should loosen yourself up to match your sweet face."
I looked at Imran Ajmain pitifully.
He shrugged as though to say: "Sorry, girl, you're like, sooooooo out."
The other contestants after me sang very well. In fact, all of them sang very well. I knew that I won't have a chance to go through next round.
My ma was pissed with me. My ma said that I looked arrogant on stage and she kept blaming my bra becoz the bra strap was too lose. And many many things that I don't wanna hear. What a mother. I kept reminding her that I was the top 50 out of 264 people but she was still freaking pissed. I thought she said that it was just for fun.
Anyway, yah. The results will be released "live" on 18th May, ,at about 8.30p.m. on Suria. I may or may not be on tv. But yah. Watever it is, I feel like I've already win this competition because I was in top 50. So what if ma's pissed.
A DAY AFTER THE AUDITIONS
Okay, so it was back to school for me. Have some projects. Assignments. CA1.
Hahahah. Sucks.


congrats.. wish u luck for the results..
ReplyDeleteowh. thank you! =D
ReplyDeleteWhat is important you given your best my dear.
ReplyDeleteAnd for you to come that far is already a great archievement that you should be proud off.
Beautiful girl with the the ooolalala sexy beautiful hair I swear I grow with envy over your hair deh.Haha.So promise me you will never cut that hair of yours okie?
Takecare sweetheart.
awww atiqah !! it would be nice if u got in :D
ReplyDeleteawwww. Thanx Wawa. I think my hair only looks nice on pictures. Hahaha. In real life it's in a mess.
ReplyDeleteAww. Thank you another anonymus person. =D